ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Camryn Szolyga tallied 17 points off the bench for Concordia Wisconsin who competed in the 68th Annual Concordia Invitational Tournament. The Falcons shot 46.0 percent during a 102-74 setback against Concordia Nebraska who ranked No. 1 in NAIA (Division II) and has scholarship student-athletes.
Final Score: Concordia Nebraska 102, Concordia Wisconsin 74
Location: Cardinal Fieldhouse (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Records: Concordia Nebraska 21-2, Concordia Wisconsin 13-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) played one of her best games of the season, netting 17 points on 6-of-8 shooting while also pulling down five rebounds. The rookie also had two steals and was 4-of-4 at the charity stripe.
- Concordia Wisconsin shot well in the game, making 46.0 percent (23-of-50) attempts and was 23-of-32 at the charity stripe. They received 36 points from its reserve, which included seven points from junior Kaitlyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) and freshman Aubrey Buchholtz.
- Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) finished with 12 points and five rebounds, while junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) had seven points, three rebounds, three assists and two steals. Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) also had nine points and four assists.
- Taylor Cockerill paced the Bulldogs with 21 points, while Philomena Lammers scored 17 points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete against the loser of the Concordia Ann Arbor vs. Concordia Chicago on Saturday at 11 am CT.
June 24, 2019 Solberg honored with Female Career Achievement Award
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach