MOUNT VERNON, Iowa -- The first half ended up being the difference on Saturday, as Concordia Wisconsin rode a five-goal advantage to a 15-9 MWLC victory at Cornell on Saturday.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 15, Cornell 9
Location: Ash Park Stadium (Mount Vernon, Iowa)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-6, 8-3 MWLC; Cornell 3-10, 1-9 MWLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) continued her assault on the Falcons record book by scoring six more goals, which included a hat trick in each half. The midfielder/attacker had a free-position goal with 2:54 to play before halftime to tie the program's career record. She has already set the points, goals and total shots career records.
- Cornell never really threatened in the second half, but got within four goals, 7-3, after Vaughn Zittle scored her first goal of the game 22 seconds in. The hosts stayed within four goals until the visitors scored three in a row to push into an eight-goal advantage with 10:55 remaining on the scoreboard.
- Paquin ended with six goals, while freshman Megan McPike (Mequon, Wis.) and senior Kristen Kennedy (London, Ontario) each ended with a hat trick. Kennedy assisted on four markers, which is a career best.
- Senior Ellie Woodman (Janesville, Wis.) recorded six ground balls, five draw controls and a pair of caused turnovers. Paquin had eight ground balls, while McPike won five draw controls.
- Junior Jackie Lanum (Wadsworth, Ill.) tallied a goal and assist, while freshman Karlee McCanna (Franklin, Wis.) had her fourth goal of the season.
- Freshman Kinsey Weyer ended with 11 saves during a complete game effort.
- The win moves Concordia Wisconsin into fourth place in the MWLC standings, with the top four making the MWLC Tournament.
- The Big Three of Paquin, McPike and Kennedy have all scored three or more goals in the same game four times.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin completes its last regular season road swing of the season on Saturday with a 12 pm MWLC game at Monmouth.
July 24, 2019 Five Women's Lacrosse players earn IWLCA academic honors
June 24, 2019 Solberg honored with Female Career Achievement Award
June 12, 2019 Women's Lacrosse places seven on MWLC All-Academic Team
May 22, 2019 Paquin adds IWLCA All-Region accolades to her résumé
May 2, 2019 Paquin named MWLC Midfielder of the Year
April 28, 2019 Women's Lacrosse season comes to a close
April 27, 2019 Women's Lacrosse postseason hopes broken
April 23, 2019 Woodman earned MWLC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
April 19, 2019 Paquin scores six, Women's Lacrosse defeats Cornell
April 13, 2019 Historic day for Paquin, Falcons fly by Eagles
April 10, 2019 Women's Lacrosse loses MWLC contest at Aurora
April 9, 2019 Weyer earns MWLC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
April 5, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse hangs on to defeat Northwestern
April 2, 2019 McPike nets MWLC Offensive Player of the Week honors
March 30, 2019 Falcons run past Sabres in MWLC victory
March 27, 2019 Saturday Women's Lacrosse game vs. Marian moved to Mequon
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
March 23, 2019 McPike scores game-winner 12 seconds into overtime
March 20, 2019 Falcons end four-game road trip at George Fox
March 19, 2019 Women's Lacrosse competes against Pomona-Pitzer
March 16, 2019 Augustana edges Women’s Lacrosse
March 15, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse drops MWLC game at IIT
March 7, 2019 Falcons build early advantage in season-opening win
March 5, 2019 Women's Lacrosse at Beloit postponed to Thursday
February 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 26, 2019)
January 28, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse selected third in MWLC Preseason Poll