MEQUON, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin had one of its best offensive performances of the season thus far, hitting .415 at the net to ease its way to a 3-0 (25-15, 25-12, 25-15) NACC victory over Rockford inside the R. John Buuck Field House on Tuesday night.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Rockford 0 (25-15, 25-12, 25-15)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-5, 6-0 NACC; Rockford 6-16, 0-6 NACC
QUOTING SOPHIA COLLINS
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin led by just two points, 12-10, midway through the opening set before taking over with a 13-5 scoring run to win the opening set and initiate cruise control. The offense was on fire all match long and hit .415, which is the second-highest percentage this season.
- While the offense was thrilling the crowd, the defense was quietly making it difficult on Rockford, to the tune of 5.5 blocks and numerous defensive plays at the net that altered the opposition's attack. The Falcons controlled the second set, just like it did the third, and went on a 13-5 scoring run to take a 2-0 lead. They closed the door on the victory with an 11-4 scoring run to stay undefeated in league play.
- Freshman Gabriella Kaebisch (Paddock Lake, Wis.) recorded a solo block and three block assists, to go along with seven kills for a noteworthy performance.
- Senior Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) tallied nine kills and eight digs, while Sophia Collins (Lake Mills, Wis.) added eight kills. Overall, there were eight players with a kill and five with five or more kills. In addition, six players hit .500 or better. Freshman Sierra Lee (Kenosha, Wis.) came off the bench and dished out 12 assists.
- Della Crain led the Regents with seven kills and Brooke Mirshak had 11 digs.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Illinois Tech and Dominican for Friday (7 pm) and Saturday (12 pm) matches.
October 15, 2019 Mayer named NACC Player of the Week
October 12, 2019 Falcons do it again with fifth set win
October 11, 2019 Women's Volleyball nearly upset by IIT
October 8, 2019 Falcons offense shines bright in NACC victory
October 5, 2019 Falcons cruise against Cougars
October 4, 2019 Falcons continue winning streak
September 28, 2019 Dominant defense leads to sweep
September 24, 2019 Depth evident in Women's Volleyball victory
September 21, 2019 Falcons sweep Rose-Hulman, Finlandia
September 20, 2019 Falcons fall to No. 10 Carthage
September 18, 2019 Pavlik, Stribling have career nights in NACC victory
September 14, 2019 Women's Volleyball wins two at Millikin Fall Invitational
September 7, 2019 Volleyball defeats Elmhurst to close Pointers Invitational
September 6, 2019 Women’s Volleyball battles at Stevens Point
August 31, 2019 Women's Volleyball wins fourth-straight CIVT title
August 30, 2019 Women's Volleyball drops pair of matches to begin season
August 27, 2019 Women's Volleyball looks to continue recent success